Friday, March 31, 2006

Shiao Lin Trip and More

Sorry its been so long since i have updated this, but its been a pretty crazy week. Last weekend we traveled by train to the Shiao Lin Temples. Traveling by train sleeper cars where pretty fun. We took a night trin that we slept on through out the night. This temple is one of the premier Kung Fu training temples in the world. Buddhist Monks are trained here and select new students to enter the temple. This temple was also made famous by the movie Shiao-Lin featuring Jet li. While in the city we visited a Kung Fu school where we watched a demonstraition on Kung Fu Techniques. We then traveled about two hours to see a river where over 2000 years ago Buddhist caves and features where carved out fo the rock alongside the river. We also went to several other cities around the area in the Hunan Province of China.

This week I had the opportunity to make a little extra cash by modeling for this clothing company at the CHIC 2006 Asian Fashion Trade Show. I made 1500 Kuai nearlly 200 dollars for three days of work. I dressed as a cop and acted out several corny skits while some of my other friends interacted with me and showed off the clothes. I will have pictures updated soon!

GRAD SCHOOL!

I have made my decision to go to Purdue University. Starting in August 2006 I will be a Proud Purdue Broilermaker! This decision has been tearing at me for the past few months after my visit to all the campuses. I have been praying alot about this and asking God to give me a sign of where he wanted me to go to Grad School. I have spent many nights praying for this answer. I truly have seen the power of prayer. God's sign number one: While talking to mom she mentioned that I received a letter from Purdue with a Purdue University Window sticker. God's Sign Number two: I was walking outside of Worldlink's Headquarters heading back to BLCU in order to catch my shuttle for my evening business class and low and behold as i was walking a Chinese Man was wearing a Purdue sweat shirt. I asked god to show me something with Purdue on it one night and I seriously thought this was impossible. I dont think that this was mere coincidence. The chances of one person out of 1.3 Billion Chinese wearing a Purdue Sweatshirt, riding down the very same street I was walking on, and right during the time that I had been praying for a sign is no mere coincidence, its the power of God's Love for us. I have truly been blessed.

2 Comments:

At Sun Apr 02, 02:04:00 PM GMT+8, Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATS BRANDON!!! THat's so exciting!!!

-b

 
At Thu Apr 13, 09:46:00 PM GMT+8, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is great! And what a great testimony too! Things are busy, busy here as usual with the 2 boys. Heath has started T-ball! Take care.......

Aunt Theresa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home