Tuesday, June 21, 2005

VIETNAM here I come!!

Thursday is the big day! I've been packed for a week already! Can you tell Im waiting in anticipation! I will board a plane at 8:54AM in Houston, Texas to start my journey to southeast Asia. It takes approximatly 20 hours of total flight time to arrive in Saigon. Houston to Dallas is an hour, Dallas to Tokyo 13 hours, and Tokyo to Ho Chi Minh/Saigon 6 additional hours. I am flying on Japanese Airlines and from the sounds of it I should have plenty of entertainment with my personal television set at my seat with on demand movies, tv shows, and games. I plan on getting lots of rest on the plane so we'll see how that all goes. The next update will be either enroute or in Vietnam. I cant wait till I get there!
VIETNAM HERE WE COME!

3 Comments:

At Fri Jun 24, 03:25:00 AM GMT+8, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking forward to following your travels. Thanks!!

 
At Sat Jun 25, 09:19:00 AM GMT+8, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Howdy!!! :)

Hope all is well in beautiful Vietnam. My sister just got back from Japan today....so jealous :-p

OH! I found more interesting tidbits about Singapore:
- Tipping is not customary (restaurants, ect.)
-For public transportation, you may want to buy a stored value card for multiple use (similar to MetroCards used in NYC and D.C.)
-You can reclaim a 3% Consumer Goods Tax (placed on all items) when you depart at the airport (not sure how you do it, but it said that you could do it in the book I read).
-Good buys can be found in suburban areas like Holland Village, Yishun, Tampines, Tirich? (I can't read my writing on that one), and Changai Village.
-Selected stores havew duty free shopping
-Trains typically operate 6am to midnight.

Hope those help and I'm not telling you something you already know.

Once again, hope you've adjusted well, are having fun, and making sure Charles doesn't kill himself ;)

By the way, tell Hong and Charles I say Hi :)

God Bless and Gig 'em,
Bernie

 
At Sat Jun 25, 12:21:00 PM GMT+8, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi its mom hope everything is fine with you. I hope to hear from you soon.

bye love you,

Mom and Dad

 

Post a Comment

<< Home